In Course 1, you will build skills you can use for decorating projects – from cupcakes to cakes for any occasion.
Whether you are new to decorating or have been decorating for years, when you complete Course 1, you will be proud of the new techniques you have learned and ready to showcase them on your next project.
Your skilled Certified Wilton Method Instructor will help you each step of the way as you learn how easy it can be to :
- Make icing the right consistency to decorate
- Fill and use a decorating bag
- Ice and decorate cupcakes
- Pipe lines and make simple borders, letters and shapes on your cake
- Make six different buttercream flowers
- Transfer images to a cake to decorate
- Levelling and Torting a cake
Included in the course fee are the following items:
The fee includes the following:
- Building Buttercream Skills Student Kit (see below to see the contents of the kit)
- Lesson Plan
- A Turntable
- A light lunch will be included on full day courses
Includes your tool kit for the class but not cake or icing
We offer a group booking discount – enquire about this should you wish to book for a group
In addition to the above you would need to bring certain supplies to each lesson.
A supply list will be given to you when you register.
We do not supply the buttercream or sponge cakes for classes. You will be supplied with the recipe for the icing once you have registered
The Student Kit includes the following items:
- 12 Rose Template Stickers
- 9 inch Angled Spatula
- Decorator brush
- 5 inch Flower Nail
- 12 Decorating Tips
- 4 Standard Couplers
- Disposable Decorating Bags
- Parchment triangles
- Practice Board and Practice Sheets
- Practice Board Stand
- This class is intended for Teens and Adults (must be at least 13 years old)