The Wilton Method of Cake Decorating – Buttercream Skills
The Wilton Method® Building Buttercream skills Course is the perfect place to start! Your Instructor will show you the right way to decorate, step by step, so that you experience the excitement of successfully decorating your first cake.
You’ll learn the best way to ice a cake. You will also practice the three fundamentals of decorating, enabling you to approach each technique the right way for great results.
Along the way, you’ll learn to create icing drop flowers, rosettes, shells, leaves, and the ribbon rose. You’ll also decorate cookies, cupcakes … and of course cakes!
Not only will you quickly learn just how easy it is to create the perfect dessert for any occasion but you will also get to share the fun with other students, who encourage you along the way.
Topics covered in Course 1 include:
- Buttercream Icing
- Using Decorating Bags and Couplers
- Icing the Cake
- Levelling & Torting the Cake
- Using the Star Tip
- Drop Flower, Rosette
- Dimensional Decorating
- Filling and Icing a Cupcake
- Printing, Writing, Rose Base
- Piping Gel Pattern Transfer
- Ribbon Rose
- Guidelines for Decorating your Cake
The fee includes the following:
- Building Buttercream Skills Student Kit (see below to see the contents of the kit)
- Lesson Plan
- A Turntable
In addition to the above you would need to bring certain supplies to each lesson.
A supply list will be given to you when you register.
We do not supply the buttercream or sponge cakes for classes. You will be supplied with the recipe for the icing once you have registered
Certain techniques in the decorating require certain icing consistencies – everything will be explained in the lessons.
The Student Kit includes the following items:
- 9 Inch Spatula
- 12 Disposable Decorating Bags
- 4 Standard Couplers
- Decorating Tips: 1,3,12,16,18,21, 1M, 104, 352, 2D, 233 and 230
- 12 flower template stickers
- 6 baking paper triangles
- Paint Brush
- Flower Nail
- This class is intended for Teens and Adults (must be at least 13 years old)
- To register please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the course/s that you would like to sign up for.
All Students will receive an Internationally Recognised Wilton Certificate of Completion
Hostess Pro Sugar Craft is Authorised to teach the Wilton Method Classes
Instructor No : 45501344