The Wilton Method of Cake Decorating – Gum Paste and Fondant
(course 1 is a prerequisite)
After completing Building Buttercream Skills, Gum Paste and Fondant is one of two additional Wilton Method courses you can choose. In Gum Paste and Fondant you’ll discover one of the most exciting and satisfying ways to decorate a cake.
Your Wilton Method Instructor will lead you every step of the way as you create amazing hand shaped flowers, beautiful borders and bold accents using these easy-to-shape icings.
As you learn each technique – an artful bow, mum, rose, carnation, calla lily, rosebud, daisy, and embellished borders – you’ll be closer to your crowning achievement: A Final Course Cake that showcases your skills.
The confidence you’ll gain as you decorate with gum paste and fondant will enable you to create cakes that will add excitement to your family celebrations for years to come.
Topics covered in Gum Paste and Fondant includes:
- Gum Paste and Fondant 101
- Bow Loops
- Mum Base, Rose Base
- Carnation Base
- Assembling a Bow
- Tinting Gum Paste and Fondant
- Basic Principles of Floral Cake Design
- Calla Lily
- Rosebud and Rose
- Calyxes and Leaves
- Assembling the Calla Lily
- Covering a Cake Board with Fondant
- Elements of Fondant Cake Design
- Creating Geometric Designs Using Cut-Outs, Overlays, and Inlays
- Eyelet, Ruffle, and Ball Borders
- When you’ve completed the Gum Paste and Fondant course, you’ll have gained the confidence to decorate gum paste and fondant cakes your family will enjoy for years to come. You’ll also have had a great time sharing the excitement of decorating with other students.
- The fee includes the following:
- Gum Paste and Fondant Student Kit (see below the contents of the kit)
- Lesson Plan
- Gum Paste to work with in Class
- Fondant to cover your cake
In addition to the above you would need to bring certain supplies to each lesson. A supply list will be given to you when you register.
The Student Kit includes the following items:
- Dusting Pouch
- 1 Calla Lily Cutter, 2 daisy cutters
- Scallop edge cutter
- Step Saving Rose Cutter Set
- Round cut out set
- Ball, Veiner Shaping tools
- Thick modelling stick
- Decorating Brush
- Thin & Thick Modelling Foam
- Calla Lily Former
- Flower forming Cups
To register please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the course/s that you would like to sign up for.
All Students will receive an Internationally Recognised Wilton Certificate of Completion
Hostess Pro Sugar Craft is Authorised to teach the Wilton Method Classes
Instructor No : 45501344