Use and Care
Get the best out of your Tupperware by following these simple care tips.
Care and Cleaning
General care of products:
- Clean thoroughly after each use.
- Wash with soft sponge and non-abrasive cleaning agents.
- Avoid exposure to direct heat or flame.
- Avoid cutting or slicing food directly on the container.
- Do not expose to sunlight over a long period; this may cause fading and warping.
- Use only as recommended.
Tupperware brand products purchased after September 3, 1979, can be safely washed in the dishwasher (except for products listed below).
When loading the dishwasher:
- Wash Seals and containers together.
- Place Tupperware brand products securely on top shelf of dishwasher where the water will not force them loose – they will melt or warp if they touch the heating elements.
- For stains – use a baking soda paste.
Please hand wash these products:
- Shape- O-Toy
- TupperChef Knives
- Printed products
- CheeSmart CondensControl™ Grid
- Any product with a clear, glass-like finish.
- Any Tupperware brand products purchased before September 3, 1979.
When you hand wash:
- Use warm, soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge.
- Dry with a soft towel, or air-dry away from direct heat.
- Avoid any abrasives (even baking soda) on these items. Abrasives will dull the finish or leave scratches.
How to remove odours and stains:
- Clean seals and containers with a paste made of baking soda and water.
- Pack damp newspaper into the container and set aside for 24 hours.
- Wash and let stand with a mixture of ordinary dishwashing soap.
- Coat inner surface with lemon juice. Let stand for a few seconds before rinsing.
- Clean with a mixture of vinegar and water.
- Leave items unsealed when not in use to prevent odour build-up.
Store containers without their Seals on (to keep containers air fresh). Keep all Tupperware products away from sharp utensils that can scratch, puncture or cut surfaces.
Cool hot liquids that contain fat before you place them in Tupperware containers. Soups, sauces, oils, or cooking grease can get hot enough to damage the containers.
When you use Tupperware brand containers to store hot beverages made with boiling water, let the liquid cool before handling the container.
Only use Tupperware in the microwave if it has a microwave-safe symbol on it.
Use the following guidelines for microwave-safe Tupperware products:
- Don’t use in a conventional oven, under a grill, on a stove top, or in convection microwave ovens.
- Use plastic or wooden utensils to avoid scratches.
- Avoid cooking small amounts of food that contain high amounts of fat or sugar.
- Never microwave products on a higher wattage than is recommended.
- Reheat-only containers are designed for reheating (medium/50%) only. Do not use them to cook foods and use extra care when reheating foods that are high in sugar, oil, and fat.
- Reheating tomato-based sauces and foods may cause staining as a result of natural food colourants found in many vegetables.
- Always use oven gloves to handle containers after cooking in the microwave, to protect your hands.
- If overheating occurs, allow containers to cool before handling.
- Always open the seal away from you after microwaving contents.
Silicone Baking Forms
Our TupperChef Baking forms are designed for use in a conventional oven at temperatures of up to, but not exceeding, 220ºC. Do not use:
- Under a grill
- On a stove top
- With sharp utensils or knives
Do not grease your Baking Form with oils or butter, as it may damage the silicone, leaving marks or discolouration. Our silicone is naturally non-stick. For best results, ensure your Baking Form is washed and thoroughly dried before use.
The UltraPro range is intended for use in both microwave and conventional ovens (and is a marvellous product!). However, there are some important things to note when cooking or baking with your UltraPro to ensure safe and prolonged use:
- Do not use at temperatures above 250°C.
- Ensure at least 5cm of space between the UltraPro and oven walls.
- Do not use under a grill.
- Avoid use of foods with high fat or sugar content.
To keep food fresher for longer, the secret is in the Tupperware Seal!
Round Seals – are air-tight and liquid-tight.
(If liquid is stored in containers with any other type of Seal, the container should always be placed in an upright position. Liquid/contents may leak if stored in containers without round seals.)
Rectangular and Square Seals – are air-tight and NOT liquid-tight.
Our Lifetime Guarantee
Our Famous Product Guarantees
Our products have been proudly backed by our famous Lifetime and Q (Quality) Guarantees for more than 50 years, so you can buy with confidence.
Our guarantees cover customers to a level above and beyond traditional guarantees.
Tupperware Brand products are guaranteed by Tupperware Southern Africa (Ltd). and/or its parent company, Tupperware Brands Inc., to the original owner, to be free of manufacturing defects and to perform under normal domestic conditions for the lifetime of the product.
Tupperware Brand products with our Q (Quality) Guarantee are items, or parts thereof that under normal use (e.g. blades) are covered for 30 days from the date of purchase, provided they are returned with your order receipt. Some products are covered by a combination of the Lifetime or Q Guarantee or other product-specific guarantees.
Tupperware Southern Africa will replace, through their Distributors, any Tupperware product that under normal domestic use, shows a defect on material or function. With the exception of our Microwave, Ovenware and Cookware ranges and products indicated by the microwave reheatable sign, which are microwave reheatable, our products are NOT recommended for microwave oven use.
All defective returns will be assessed by our Quality Control department at our manufacturing plant. This procedure will take a minimum of 3 months. Please ensure you obtain a reference number when handing in a defective product for tracking purposes.
Find Out What’s Covered
Our guarantees do not cover reasonable wear and tear through normal use, or the misuse, abuse or alteration of products. Only products purchased through an Authorised Tupperware Representative are covered by our guarantees.
We will replace any Tupperware product, or any part thereof, that, under normal domestic use, shows a manufacturing defect. Where the same product, or part thereof, in your colour choice is not available for replacement, Tupperware will provide an equivalent Tupperware product, or part thereof, of comparable function. If a similar product or product with similar use is not available, Tupperware will replace the product with a product of similar value.
If your purchased product is faulty upon delivery, please return it to your Consultant within 30 days, with proof of purchase for free replacement of your product.
All replacement claims are assessed at Tupperware’s discretion.
Steps for Product Replacement
Follow these easy steps to have a product replaced (covered by the guarantee):
1. Return the defective product (complete if possible) to the nearest Distributor or Consultant in your area. Check here for our list of Distributors.
2. A Guarantee Replacement Form will be completed. Make sure you receive the reference number for tracking purposes.
3. The product will be sent to our manufacturing plant for quality assessment (the product will be checked if it falls within the terms of the guarantee) and if replaced then returned back to the Distributor.
4. This process can take a minimum of 3 months.
Our Price and Delivery Guarantee
At Tupperware, we aim to ensure all our products are available throughout the duration of our seasonal catalogue (6 months). Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, some products may become temporarily unavailable or even out of stock during this time. Within reasonable time limits, we will endeavour to make this item available again at the price advertised in the catalogue. You can check availability of products you are purchasing with your Consultant at the time of purchase.
Microwave Guide and Tips
Our fast-paced lives couldn’t exist without our microwave ovens, especially in small kitchens, but so many people see these little powerhouses only for reheating left-overs.
However, cooking food in the microwave is actually one of the fastest, healthiest and most energy-efficient ways to cook!
And this means more than just getting dinner on the table quickly; the less time you cook food, the more colour, flavour and nutrients that will be preserved.
Plus, with microwave cooking, there is no need to add extra oils.
Save money: A microwave uses up to 75% less energy than your conventional stove or oven.
What’s more, they do not generate excess heat like conventional ovens do, meaning that they will not adversely affect your home’s heating/cooling costs. And smaller utility bills mean more money to spend on fresh, delicious food!
Defrosting in the microwave oven is the best way to preserve the quality of the food and it’s also the safest from a microbiological point of view.
Choice: spend more time with family and loved ones enjoying a convenient, healthy meal rather than spending all your time in the kitchen laboring by the stove.
View or download this handy Microwave Guide for all you need to know on microwave benefits, how microwaves work, selecting a microwave oven, best practices, cleaning, microwaveable Tupperware products, cooking factors, recipe tips and more!
Freezing Guide and Tips
Freezing is a very convenient and easy way to preserve your foods.
This Freezing Guide has been developed as a must have tool for everyone!
A thorough guide that will tell you how to freeze fresh vegetables and fruits,
meats and even prepared foods in the best conditions to retain flavors, looks and most
importantly the nutritional value!
Immerse yourself into the freezing culture and start saving more time, effort and money in